Red spots or Redness on your face ruining your look? Our face is the most visible or noticeable one, in contrast to any other parts of our body. A small color change or any other spot on the face makes our face look unattractive. Being one of the most visible areas in our face, it is what gives us the actual confidence and its diminishing quality can be a problem.
“How To Reduce Redness On Face?” This is a very common question which got stuck in everyone’s mind in today’s world.
Redness on face is a very common sore problem and if you are a victim of it, don’t be worried as you are not alone in it. More than half of the population suffer from it, as they have a slight sensitive skin to most kinds of conditions that are much more than just allergic reactions(sometimes worse). And not just allergies, it can a reason for severe sun burn (staying too much under strong sun), a face cream product chemical reaction or due to concentrated contact with capsacin. Sometimes even genes do that.
There are a lots of common reasons for facial redness and they can be cured with the right medication easily. These all medical conditions are also responsible for it. Red skin specially on the face is one hell of a problem causing a lot of discomfort and its ugly too on the outer side. Skin redness may sometimes even cause discomfort or inflammation, a burning sensation and pain, depending on the severity.
It’s nice to have rosy cheeks. But excessive face flushing is not at all attractive. Most importantly, it can be a sign of unhealthy skin that something is wrong.
Most of the skin problems including the main culprit which is redness on skin can be easily cured at home, by the application of home remedies, which always works. These too works great enough for all types of sensitized skin. And it is always a better option to try home remedies without the risk of side effects, which sometimes becomes another problem.
And for you, here is a simple, clean and completely safe remedy guide for curing your problems on sensitive skin including unusual redness. Keep reading to know how to reduce redness on face effortlessly.
Some home remedies to reduce redness on the face.
These are some of the simplest and most effective home remedies to use and getting your redness cured in the right way.
So here the remedies for you to check out.
How to get rid of redness on face | How to remove redness on face
- Apply Coconut oil right away: Use coconut oil, which is great as an inflammatory agent. Take some drops of coconut oil and you can cure redness within days permanently. Take a few drops and massage on the affected area. Use your hands. The best way is to apply it before you go to sleep and then on waking up, wash it away with water. Coconut oil contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in removing redness of your face.
- Apply Cucumber to skin, better cooling agent:Cucumbers are the best when it comes to curing the sensation of the redness and since it contains a lot of water, it will cool of your redness area. Also, it has some water vitamins and minerals that work their way with the red area. Peel and slice a chilled cucumber. Put the cucumber slices right over the red area and keep rubbing it until you get relief from the heat. Also, Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. After that wash it with water. Cucumber has great cooling sensation abilities and it right away sucks off the heat and the germs (if present on the red area) and cures it right off. Repeat this remedy four times a week.
- Apply Green tea to your skin as a better tanning agent: To use the green tea, first take of the bag and then boil in a water pan until it is formed. Then take off the bag. Now cool the tea. Use ice to cool it faster, then take a soft high absorbent cloth, soak it in the tea and then use it on the red area. Anti-inflammatory properties present in Green Tea helps in reducing redness from the face and remove facial swelling.
- Cover your skin with any kind of Petroleum Jelly, best soother:Petroleum jelly is one of the most underrated medicines that are always present in our home yet we don’t know what it can do. Take some of the jelly and then apply it on the red part. If the redness is cause by some kind of dehydration or dryness(which sometimes lead to dermatitis), it will get cured easily within the night. It provides the needed moisture lock which might have been the main problem. Repeat this method every night before sleeping. If you have acne-prone skin, don’t use petroleum jelly.
- Apply some Honey to the red part, works as a cooler: Take some honey and then apply it on the red affected area for sometime, Apart from being highly tasty and good for health, it easily cools down redness, provides the moisture, kills the germs by osmosis and then cures the area. Rinse it after 30 minutes. The antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties found in honey have remedial properties, which heal your skin timely and helps to remove redness on your face.
- Apply a Cold Compress to physically cool it down to normal:A cold press with an ice pack works as one of the best and simplest remedies with water ice and it actually works like anything, as redness is cause by heat and cooling it is what make its go away. It also works for flushing the skin as it helps cool down the skin and tone down swelling. Else for a better cold press, take a soft cloth or a good and fresh towel, wet it under the tap water(make sure it is cool enough) and then use it on the red area. Gently press it and apply it to the affected area.
- Drink water and Eat hydrating foods to internally cure it off : Diet is what makes most of the problem as junk foods are always high on oxidants which might have triggered a bad reaction. There are some hydrating or cooling foods like carrots, sweet potatoes, apples, coconuts, cucumbers, melons, peaches, papayas, spinach, and broccoli and much more which contain antioxidants capable of nourishing your skin from the inside out.
Tips to Reduce Redness on Face | How to Remove Redness on face
Following are some useful tips to reduce redness on your face.
- Avoid hot drinks and spicy foods. These may trigger flushes.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
- Drink plenty of water during the day and also eat more hydrating foods.
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet that will provide your skin with all the essential nutrients. A diet full with most of the important vitamins and minerals including A,B,C,D, K, B complexes, Magnesium,Iron, Copper, Calcium,Potassium and lot more.
- Protect your skin in extreme temperatures. During hot sunny days do make sure to go under the sun with an umbrella or with a scarf wrapped around your face.
- Maintain a healthy skin care routine that involves washing your face twice a day, followed by toning and moisturizing.
- Use a sunscreen every day, no matter how sunny or cloudy it is.Reduce stress by practicing yoga and other breathing techniques.
- Avoid using soaps, cleansers and such chemical-induced beauty care products.
Since you know how to reduce redness on face or how to get rid of redness on face, what are you waiting for? If you suffer from random and sudden skin flushing, you have nothing to be uncomfortable or ashamed about. This is absolutely natural phenomenon that you can easily get rid of by using these simple home remedies we have listed above. If redness continues, or if you’re suffering severe pain, schedule an appointment with your dermatologist as soon as possible. If you have some doubt that a particular product is causing the redness, stop using it instantly. So, go ahead and be your confident self!