Do you know that 1 gram of alcohol is 7 calories? The problem with this is that gram is a unit of weight while vodka is measured in units of volume. Vodka is distilled beverage which contains nothing other than ethanol and water. This means that vodka has basically no nutritional value.
So except if you know the exact density of vodka and the necessary conversions, this isn’t exactly the easiest problem to solve.
So to make your life easier, here I have done all the diligent work for you as of now. Appreciate it!
How many calories in a shot of Vodka?
Alcoholic beverages are often found high in calories, and most give no real nutrients. Alcohol contains a large amount of calories per ounce than carbohydrates or protein. But vodka can be healthier choice than other alcoholic beverages because it has only 96 calories per 1.5 Oz and no carbohydrates.
A standard serving of vodka contains 96 calories per 1.5 Oz.
As per the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), calories in vodka is dictated by the proof/percent of the alcohol. As compared with other types of alcohol, vodka contains relatively low calories and no carbs. There are 85-130 calories in a shot of vodka. The more concentrated vodka is the higher the proof, the higher the calorie it contains. “Proof” is defined as double the alcohol (ethanol) content by volume. The quantity of calories in vodka relies upon the vodka proof (alcohol content). Calories in vodka, therefore, come from the alcohol. You can make sense of the percent by dividing the proof in half. For example, 100-proof is 50 % alcohol, while 80-proof is 40 % alcohol.
For a 1.5 Oz, how many calories in a vodka?
The number of calories in a shot of vodka are as follows:
- Calories in vodka: 70 Proof (35%)
1.5 Oz= 85 Calories
- Calories in Vodka: 80 Proof (40%)
1.5 Oz = 97 Calories
- Calories in Vodka: 90 Proof (45%)
1.5 Oz = 110 Calories
- Calories in Vodka: 100 Proof (50%)
1.5 Oz = 122 Calories
Health Benefits of Vodka
Here are a few health benefits of vodka:
- Helps in reducing stress: As supported by scientific research, vodka helps in reducing the stress factor in the body more efficiently than red wine, beer, and any other alcohol, helping you to relax when your nerves are all fatigued.
- Improve Sleep: Vodka has sleep-inducing properties that will make you feel dozy after a shot or two, and it will calm your brain.
- Relieves tooth ache: Got an aching tooth? You must try the Russian remedy of slamming back a shot of vodka. Vodka is not only a powerful antiseptic, but it can also help to reduce the pain in your mouth caused by the cavity or infected gums. Mix it with a bit of cinnamon in specific quantities work as an effective mouthwash that can help you to deal with bad breath.
- Reduce Pain: Vodka is a kind of the Russian remedy for any aches and pains in the body. All alcohols have mild and mellow pain-relieving properties, but vodka in particular can help to reduce pain from a headache, hangover, or even a common cold. Many herbal remedies include vodka, using it to make herbal tinctures that can be applied topically to any sores, aches, and pains.
- Improve Heart Health: Vodka can enlarge your veins, which will increase the amount of blood flowing through your veins and decrease your risk of heart problems. It can help to prevent cardiovascular health issues like heart attacks and strokes, and can even boost your body’s production of the good HDL cholesterol that keeps the bad cholesterol in control.
- Disinfect Wounds: If you are climbing, bring a bottle of vodka with you rather than hydrogen peroxide. You can use the vodka to prevent the wounds from being infected. Vodka is a powerful antibacterial or antiseptic that will do miracles to stop bacteria from setting into cuts or wounds.
- Improve Skin and Hair Health: Vodka is helpful for improving your skin and hair health when it applied to your face or hair. It will tighten the pores of your skin, but first, it cleanse them like a strong astringent. It’s great for killing off acne bacteria, and it helps to cleanse and tone your skin. You can use it in your hair to dispose of dandruff or any infections of the scalp.